Thursday, January 28, 2010

Last Minute Plans

Today was another busy day.  It was a day full of hurrying up to wait, and then rushing to make up the time.  C’est la vie.  That’s life; especially in these days. 

And guess what?  No update.  Sorry.  I had actually started it hours ago, and then……got busy…and now, I’m making last minute plans to go spend a few days with my friend Jenn in Christianville for a few days. I just felt like it was something I needed to do.  She mentioned that she could really use family or close friends near to her.  We’ve been friends for many years.  Truth be told, while I’ve got friends here and people I love dearly (the McLaughlins, a couple of the staff guys are good friends, a couple others) at the end of the day, I come home alone.  So I’ve been lonely too.  I think it’ll do me some good to spend some time with her as well.  I told her I could do whatever; take out trash, throw away stuff, whatever would help.  Hopefully I’ll be a blessing and not a burden. 

Right now, they’re still sleeping on mattresses outside under tarps.  They do have food and drinking water and I’m taking some stuff for them too.  I’m taking extra snacks and juice for me (I’m Type 1 diabetic) and extra diabetic supplies so I’ll be fine.  I’m not really sure what to expect other than that. 

I am so looking forward to seeing her but I’m not particularly looking forward to leaving again at 3am.  But, sometimes you only get two choices.  Do it when you can or don’t do it at all.  Gary’s going into Port again tomorrow.  That’s the reason this all came together so quickly- I just had the idea a couple nights ago and then Gary made plans to go in to Port tomorrow. I’ll be riding in with him.  Not exactly sure when I’ll come back but looks like it’ll be Monday, maybe Tuesday at the latest.  Enough people are now coming and going that I’ll be able to catch a ride with one of the missionaries if not one of our guys. 

Our water here on my hill has been out for almost a week; well, we’ve had water but the water pump was broken so its been as good as useless.  It came back on this afternoon but no one was here when I got back from today’s activities so I didn’t know until it was too late to do laundry.  Since we have to line dry everything AND the washing machine is right outside Beth’s room (and the door and windows are only made of screen) so I can’t do it now.  It’s been a while since I’ve done laundry so I might smell a little funny. But hey, whatever.  Nothing a little Febreeze can’t tackle!

I should have internet access there. She’s been on fairly regularly.  Hopefully I’ll be around to throw out a quick update.  But if you don’t hear from me, don’t be afraid.  I’ll get to the internet when I can.

I look forward to the next few days.  They won’t be easy though, I imagine.  Many things in life aren’t easy, but they’re the right thing to do.  I feel like this is the right thing to do and where God leads, His provisions accompany. 

No comments: