Monday, April 19, 2010

A Year in Pictures #19

Nap

In December I spent a day in Port au Prince being chauffeured around by a couple friends.  I had to spend an extra day in Port before flying to the states for the holidays.  It was actually quite enjoyable to have the chance to tour the city without an agenda.  Usually when in Port, I’m there with our guys and we’re there for a purpose.  This day, my friends took me to the Museum which had a great display of artifacts from Haiti’s history; including a crown, lots of old Haitian money, weapons, a large anchor and some of the chains used to imprison the slaves.  They also had a hallway decorated by a large display of modern art.  The art on display was done by a women and its theme was “Women’s Rights”. 

The Museum wasn’t far from the Palace so when we left we took a walk around the area.  These guys were found lounging under a large sign in the center of a square which reads  “The Constitution of 1801”.  I’m not sure what’s going on with that chain.  It looks like it’s attached to the guy loosing his pants.  Who knows.  I didn’t ask and he didn’t oblige to tell.  

No comments: