Friday, April 9, 2010

A Year in Pictures #9

peeking 
This picture isn’t new, and if anyone’s been following my blog for any amount of time, you’ve probably seen this one already. But its one of my favorites. 

For years I’d been wanting a DSLR camera and I’d finally been able to purchase one not long after moving to Haiti.  The trip out to Chamballen was the first opportunity I’d had to play with the camera so I had so much fun taking pictures of everything and everyone.  This picture is from the portrait session for the 14 couples who got married on this day.  Some of the ladies didn’t have head pieces to go with their dresses so I love that the Pastors Wife got creative and cut up a petticoat and used it as head pieces.  This bride happens to be wearing one of them.  I also love that I was able to capture this groom with one eye on the bride and one eye on the camera.  Priceless!

No comments: