Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Year in Pictures #6

tree at zanglais

Each team wraps up their week’s visit with a stay at Zanglais, RMI’s Retreat Center which is about 45 minutes outside of Cayes.  I went out with 14 teams last year, so I spent quite a bit of time at Zanglais.  I’m not complaining.  Greg (my home church’s Haiti Team Leader) jokingly always tells teams not to show anyone shots from Zanglais because we need people to think we’re suffering, not spending a week in Paradise!  This is one of those pics (sorry Greg!) taken from the porch at Zanglais.  Where the grass meets the ocean is a small cliff that drops down to the road.  Cross the road and descend a few concrete stairs and you’re at the ocean.  It’s amazing to sit out at the gazebo (just to the left of the tree) and enjoy the sights and sounds of God’s beautiful creation. And every morning, awaken to the sound of the ocean’s song.

Oh. Yeah.

1 comment:

the crazy armstrongs said...

I tried to leave a comment and it didn't work so for the 2nd time .. HAPPY belated Birthday! I love the pictures you have a true gift seeing through the lense. Always praying and following your story. Love ya
Heidi